Monday, January 12, 2009

Padron Serie 1926 80 Years Maduro

I decided to get a special cigar for when Beersnob comes back from his deployment in Qatar so I settled on this cigar!

It is a masterpiece of cigar making. Watch the video review and you'll see why this one is very rare. They have one buncher and one roller making this perfecto sized cigar. That means its shape is sort of like a torpedo and its size is 6 3/4 inches long by a 54 ring gauge or 54/64s of an inch. It is a big cigar.

It is also the most expensive cigar I've purchased and likely will be the most expensive cigar I'll ever purchase. I've had some Padrons in the past and they all have been among the best I've tried.

The Maduro wrapper will lend a full rich flavor and account for about half of the taste of this cigar. The wrapper will always account for about half of the flavor. If this had been wrapped in a Connecticut wrapper it would have been a more mellow cigar. Around the medium range.

I ordered four of them as I couldn't afford a whole box and the individual piece price was well over thirty dollars per. I got this just a shade under the MSRP. They are extremely hard to find online as this is a rare cigar and very limited in production. It will be a worthy evening when my friend Beersnob and Bob (my friend who introduced me into the world of cigars) light these up. I'll have one left over and I will likely save that for a special event. It will likely get better over time in my humidor.

No comments: