Sunday, January 25, 2009

Joya De Nicraragua Celebracion Consul


Yesterday while sitting by my bedside window in a love seat I had a Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion Consul. It was a 4 inch by 52 ring gauge, crillio wrapped cigar. The Winter has really put a crimp into my cigar smoking so the Sun had really warmed up my bedroom and it was pretty warm by the window. It made the perfect place!

I was listening to the Cigar Dave Show online and there was a nice draft taking the towering plumes of smoke outside into the Arctic chilled air. This was a very nice cigar, it was a smooth, medium flavored stick. A bargain at just around two dollars too. The construction was solid, no draw problems at all. It had a little heft in the hand. The wrapper did start to come apart towards the nub but that is generally expected but not to the degree it did on this cigar.

The flavors were consistent all the way through. To start it was a bit spicy then it was a little cocoa and a little fruit, so it ran along the sweet line instead of the earthy or leathery side. I'll definitely pick up a few more and perhaps in a different size next time. This was great for about an hour of smoking time. Not a beginner's cigar at all but for a seasoned cigar smoker it would fit the bill as a go to smoke.

I'm down to about one cigar about every two or three weeks right now. A far cry from the cigar per evening in the Summer. I can't wait for Spring....

No comments: