Saturday, January 24, 2009

Orb Live

One of the most amazing apps for the iPhone I've found is called Orb. The problem with the iPhone is the limited storage. You can get up to sixteen gigs and that's it. That isn't very much.

Yes there was a time when sixteen gigs was "more than you would ever need", those days are long gone. I've got the eight gig 3G model of the iPhone and I can easily fill it up, I could fill up a sixty four gig model if it were available!

So along comes the app store and some great developer content! Orb was actually around long before the app store but I never jailbroke my iPhone to use it.

So what is Orb? Orb is an application that you install on your PC and your iPhone. You create playlists on your PC, all of your audio files, all of your video files, all of your pictures, all of your documents and then you can stream that to your iPhone!

You aren't limited by the iPhone's limited storage anymore! I've ripped lots of movies to put on my iPhone to watch but I had to choose what to put on there because of the space. NOW I can take all of that off of my iPhone and just stream it there over the cell network!

HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?!

No comments: