Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vacation Approved!

The end of March a group of friends, my date, and I are going to Vegas for a few days! It is a group celebration of birthdays that happen to be within a few weeks or months of each other.

I can't wait! We are all staying at the Luxor! So it will be great to stay and organize what we are going to do from the same place.

I plan on going down the Caesar's Place and going to Casa Fuente! A large cigar lounge and the only one licensed by Arturo Fuente. They make some great cigars! Including the expensive Opus X line. I had two of them resting in my humidor and gave them away so I really haven't tried one yet.

People are mixed on them. Some believe the scarcity and price of an Opus X is what makes it a great cigar while others feel it shouldn't command the price it does because it is an average smoke at best taste wise.

I believe my taste has developed enough to tell if it is good or not. No one argues the quality or the construction of an Opus X, just if the taste should demand the price it does.

Anyway I hope to give a couple of those a try in late March!

No comments: