Monday, March 15, 2010

It Begins Again

When I was in high school The KATT would have every day marked with some kind of special music day.
I forget Monday. Tuesday was Two for Tuesday, which they still do I believe. I forget Wednesday. No Repeat Thursday. I forget Friday and Saturday. And then it was The KATT's Seventh Day in which they played seven complete albums in a row, which they still do.

Now I kind of mark the days of the week by TV shows. Monday is blah. Tuesday is Dirty Jobs. Wednesday is Ghost Hunters. Nothing really on Thursday. Friday is channel surfing night. Saturday is Operation Repo. Sunday is a plethora of fine TV like Ax Men, Madhouse, and a few others.

Well now Tuesday is going to be Justified on FX, it'll take the place of Sons of Anarchy until they return. Have only seen the previews but it looks very good.

Growing up in a small town South of here in pre-Internet times, the only thing you had was the radio and it was huge. You felt like you knew all of the DJs and waited endlessly as they hyped up new releases. You knew their shifts by heart.

Now you can have streaming music on your phone without commercials for free. You can listen to any radio station that streams their music...world wide! The world has gotten smaller in a very real sense.

Sometimes I wonder if its a good thing or not to have unlimited amounts of information at your fingertips. I wonder the effects it'll have on imagination, creativity, and social skills. It could be very good or it may not be. It'll be interesting to find out though.

No comments: