Saturday, March 20, 2010

Snowpocalypse

Well here we are on the first day of Spring and there is about three inches of snow on the ground and a heavy snow coming down. The storm appears to be moving slowly across our region now and might very well drop another three inches on us today.

Yesterday I heard estimates from two inches to fourteen inches. With all of the hype that was going on with the local news I tend not to believe it until it happens though. So I usually nod and agree or say we'll see.

I stocked up on some food yesterday though just in case:) I got bratwurst and spare ribs to cook today. Yeah, it's twenty eight degrees outside and a twenty mile per hour gusting wind, my Big Green Egg can handle that with no problem at all!

It could be zero outside and a forty mile per hour wind and I could cook a steak at seven hundred degrees without a hitch! The BGE loves adverse conditions to cook in which was one of my deciding factors over a steel grill. Even a thicker Weber steel grill will use more fuel and not be able to reach the high temperatures that a BGE can reach in bad conditions.

So who would want to cook in bad conditions? Dude, I'm going to have bratwurst and spare ribs today! It's freaking twenty eight degrees out today, don't tell me that doesn't sound good on a snowy, blustery day!

No comments: