Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Monday DVR Night

Last night The Date had to work so I caught up on some quality DVR time. I watched Dinoshark and had Thing 2 watch it with me. She didn't think it was very good, neither did I but I still rewound all of the Dinoshark jumping footage for her benefit. A few times:)

Then it was onto Food Wars! I saw the Italian Beef episode and the Buffalo Wings episode. In both episodes the underdog, the new kid and not the originator won. Well the Model T was first, doesn't mean it was the best car ever made. I want to make some Italian Beef sandwiches! Man I love the Food Network!

Then it was onto Madhouse. The story of a small North Carolina town that faithfully goes to Bowman-Gray racetrack every weekend to watch the drivers settle their grudges, on and off the track.

I am really digging Madhouse! It is filled with real life human drama, race cars, and crashes. Everyone has an agenda and that is simply to win races. That's really about it too. I don't see many of the drivers working a regular job or anything. They work on their cars during the week in preparation for the race. Their wives generally go neglected as is the case with points leader Tim Brown. It is a bit sad but it is also what they signed up for when they married their drivers.

I'd recommend any of the above shows for anyone to watch, except maybe Dinoshark...

No comments: