Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Ballad Of Frank Taylor

I've got to admit, my latest fascination at work on my iPhone is Frank Taylor.

Frank is a Lifecaster on Justin.tv. He believes that putting up a cam in his house and several more around his place, including his car, are well I can't say anything bad since I'm actually watching him.

I think I'm addicted to watching for his skullet. His hair in the back is long and wild like a sexy pony. His tousled mane screams play with me! He's 80's personified. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at our local Wal-Mart on any aisle.

It's almost like having your own gerbil aquarium on your iPhone except he's a guy who sits on his couch! It's fascinating stuff to just watch him sit with a laptop. Who knows what mysterious thing he is looking at on his laptop! It boggles the mind at the possibilities!

As I'm blogging this right now I've got the Frank on one monitor with his trademark crooked picture behind his skullet graced scalp, lava lamp over his shoulder, a kitty in the background, a dream catcher between him and the fridge dangling wistfully in the Florida breeze with Whitesnake in the background! This is amazing!

Nothing is happening but can I tear myself away from the monitor? NO WAY!!!!!

Honestly Frank seems like a decent guy. Maybe someone I'd have a drink with even just to ask him some questions about why Lifecasting appeals to him and so many others who feel the need to be the next Jennicam sensation. Although Jenni has long since moved on from Lifecasting to living presumably.

Frank Taylor's Lifecast is just fascinating and yet I feel strangely weird because this is voluntary voyeurism. Admittedly I blog each day about my personal life. Lots of times I get pretty personal about things but to live in front of a camera all the time? But who in their right mind would want to watch me watch TV, play Starcraft, or blog?!?!?! Good grief I'm a boring individual and you should have better things to do with your time than watch me.

I'm fortunate to have the readers I have with all of the mundane subjects I throw out there but mundane gains a few levels with Frank Taylor's lifecast. Seemingly happy and content with his viewers gazing in on his world, chatting away the hours that lead to days. Days that lead to weeks.

Lifecasting fascinates me.

Starcraft went ok last night, Abotstang and Tequila had a 2-3 night in 3V3. We rolled over two opponents and got 1V3'd once. Not good as we underestimated the opponent. We'll do better when we play again.

No comments: