Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two Wins

Yes I won both match ups this past weekend:
57-33 in the Keeper League and 23-20 in my main money league.

Not too shabby. Week one is always an oddball week for scoring though. The offenses are behind the playing curve but the defenses are in better shape to compete so there are either low scoring games or a defense is blown out.

Around week five you can accurately gauge your team's performance much more accurately.
Week one though you just play your top draft picks barring injury or suspension. It's simple. People tend to over think the room though and be clever, don't do it. Just play your players that you drafted high.

I was a little bit down yesterday. I was feeling that everything WAS on a treadmill that never stops. Every day that passes was just another day to mark off of the calendar towards a mythical retirement in which you'd have money coming in for bills and less responsibilities to worry about.

Is that what I really want though? To just give up, get a bottle of whiskey on the way home each night and become a sheeple while I lose myself in TV because I don't have anything else to do?

No. That's just not an option for me. I do have responsibilities, I've got people who depend on me to put food on the table, and I've got bills that I always pay. The Theatre has taken up a lot of my spare time, the commercial business is starting to take up more of my spare time, gradually.

In the next few months I see it really building more and more, when Beersnob gets back home I see it starting to skyrocket as I don't have to shoulder the entire thing. Right now it is manageable for one person though to handle but I can't grow it as it should be grown by myself. Well and not expect the kind of growth it is capable of by myself.

The only option left is to carry on, make sure The Date graduates college, make sure The Things get to college, and take the business as it comes. When Beersnob arrives back home we'll be more aggressive in pursuing business projects.

As for the theatre the project after this one will entitle me and The Date to a long break, likely a couple of months or more. There is Dearly Beloved (the one in which likely the whole family will be participating in, with me on tech and Thing 1 behind the stage) and Love Letters which is a simple show with about four light cues in front of the curtain. They asked and I said yes but it won't be weeks of rehearsal for me, it'll likely be one rehearsal and then showtime.

I've worked Caesar, Lil' Abner, Blithe Spirit, and will work Dearly Beloved, and Love Letters. That's essentially four and a half shows in a row. That's a lot of work. The only person who works on more shows is Tech Superman.

So yes a rest is in order until a show comes up that I can't say no to.

No comments: