Thursday, June 04, 2009

3G!

They turned on our 3G network yesterday! Not only is my iPhone now at its full potential but I also have a much stronger signal strength. I'm getting four to five bars where I used to get one and none.

It's amazing! I turn off the 3G option and it will go back to the Edge network and there it is, the one tiny little bar of signal strength. I have noticed a big drop in battery life when 3G is on though. I'll have to pay close attention to that.

I've got ninety six hours until I find out if we are going to strike or not. AS predicted the company gave us their last, best, and final offer yesterday. I don't even know if they will go in today for the final round of negotiations. We will vote on Saturday. It will take a simple majority to accept or reject the contract and then a two thirds majority to strike or not. If the two thirds is not met then we automatically accept the contract no matter what that vote is.

This has been one of the most stressful times at work in a long time for me. Tensions are very high and as anyone who knows me knows I have no taste for drama, especially where my job is concerned.

No comments: