Saturday, June 20, 2009

Strike Day Thirteen

Talks are resuming as I am typing this. Work was pretty busy last night. I made close to forty in tips, which was very nice. It'll help a lot until I get a regular paycheck again.

It was a busy week. Thursday being the worst day of the lot in retrospect. It's over with now and time to move onto better weeks.

The Date has cleaned house in sales in less than two full days! It has been amazing how fast it has started!!!! That is just local too, she hasn't even started selling to the towns around here yet!!!!! I told her she will have to save room for the area towns to advertise at this rate!

She is selling a product site unseen, which is an extremely tough sell and she has done this well. It will explode when she gets a couple of issues out! She is having a meeting tonight with her writers and photographers and will either give them assignments or let them run with an idea or two.

This is going to be my fall back plan in case I'm laid off in October. I'll learn the software and layout design and do that for her. At two issues per month it will be a handful for one person to do. I'm very happy for her! It was a great idea and now it has really just started to grow!

No comments: