Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Strike Day Two


I'm showered and headed to the picket line this morning. I'm really hoping something breaks loose pretty soon and negotiations start up again.

There is no news about it happening right now and according to the latest website update, well it hasn't been updated since yesterday which is bad.

People expressed displeasure with not being able to go to work yesterday but right now they are all standing up and are going to stick it out.

Yesterday was just a bad day. My oil cooler hoses had holes worn in them so I had to purchase two new ones, one of them wasn't right so yesterday I took the opportunity to return the wrong one and they ordered hopefully the one I need. Then later on as I was spraying for bugs I broke the hot water line under the kitchen sink. Hot water sprayed until I got the valve shut off and my brother came over with a new part and we got it put back together.

So day two begins. I'm holding my head up and know we are going to get past this.

" When sorrows come they come not single spies but in battalions "
Famous Hamlet quote by William Shakespeare (Act IV - Scene V)

That is what I felt like yesterday.

No comments: