Sunday, June 07, 2009

No Progress

So far there has been no progress made on negotiations. I've been keeping up on the news sites and nothing is happening right now. Time is tick tick ticking away here people.

We will see what happens I guess. A lot of people are speculating that who I work for is trying to shed this contract and that this is the best way to do it without hefty fines. I don't know if that is true or not. It seems logical and companies don't bid on contracts like this if they are going to lose money.

One of the negotiators is my friend and told me what kind of contract they would sign off on and it really isn't much more than what we have had in the past. Practically the same language we have used for the last twenty years and 3.5% raises every year.

The insurance was a big issue, I believe it was a mistake as well as the majority of union members however the company never produced anything to the contrary even when asked to say it was a mistake and given the opportunity to correct it. Employee plus family now pays around eighty dollars bi-weekly that cost was going to go to three hundred eighty eight dollars bi-weekly. We assumed it meant monthly but again given the opportunity to correct it they did not. Those numbers even went to HR.

It is frustrating. I want to get a call tonight and learn that things are resolved but again as far as I know right now there is no progress being made.

No comments: