Thursday, June 18, 2009

Strike Day Eleven

Yesterday we received great news that the negotiations will go start up again on Saturday morning! Everyone I talked to was just really happy to hear that! There is hope of a resolution now and that we can get back to work as early as Monday or Tuesday!

I hope we get an agreement in place. As I said I would be happy with and vote for the same contract we have been working for the past six years. I'm not greedy, just want to work and get a paycheck going again.

I'm blessed right now to have a temporary job that will help me put gas in the tank and pay the bills! I'm also looking forward to turning in my two weeks notice to that job and just having one job to go to per day.

The Date is about ready to launch her major project and it will be spectacular. The word is officially out now about it so I can mention it here. She is the publisher of her own tabloid sized magazine! Not just for this town either but for the entire area code!!

Her initial run in which she is starting is going to be five thousand copies and her goal is to reach twenty thousand copies printed per run! It will run every two weeks and will have a color cover, back, and center spread.

This is also my job if I get laid off in October! By then the magazine will be a fixture in the area and hopefully very established! So Date get it in gear and get this off the ground!!!! I'll work for you then babe!!!!!

No comments: