Sunday, June 21, 2009

Strike Day Fourteen

And hopefully the penultimate day of the strike. Our negotiators reached an agreement with the company last night! I believe we did pretty well as all of the sticking points were talked about and resolved, hopefully to the satisfaction of our membership.

I want to get back to work at my normal job. I plan on turning in my two weeks notice on Monday to my delivery job if I get to go back to work on Tuesday. Which is fine, I believe my transmission in my truck is acting up and it could aggravate the problem if I drive it like that on a long term basis. So it isn't good on the wear and tear of my vehicle. I'll be putting my tip money towards the repair if needed.

Hopefully it will be a simple fix, filter, change the fluid, something like that, at most I guess I would have to have it rebuilt. Transmission repair is outside of my scope of mechanical skills. I can do many engine repairs but not the transmission.

It will be one more obstacle to overcome as if the past couple of weeks weren't enough. Not complaining though. I've got it better than a lot of other people who have been hit hard by the economy.

I've got the hope of a job to go back to once the vote is official.

I've got the bestest friends in the world who have been nonstop asking me if they could do something for me.

I've got the greatest The Date in the world who has been sticking by me through this rough and stressful time.

I've really got it pretty good in when I put things in perspective, mechanical problems just don't even show up on the radar!

No comments: