Thursday, June 11, 2009

Strike Day Four


Today is also going to be my busiest day since being on strike. I am on picket duty from eight a.m. until noon. We are in schedules now, four hours per day once a week.

After that I am driving my dad to the doctor to find out why he is so weak other than not eating correctly. It is going to be a long day.

Yesterday I found out very few businesses want to hire someone on a temporary basis. I applied to two places and neither wanted a short commitment. But I would have a job at one place if I decided to make it my full time employment, after seven weeks of training.

The company produced a scare tactic yesterday. They put a big help wanted ad in the paper. Come to find out by a reliable source that checked into it the company is not hiring anyone and not even taking interviews from the ad. It was a bluff to scare people into crossing the line. Nothing more.

That might be the first sign that this is going to turn out ok after all and might end faster than I anticipated. Perhaps the light at the end of the tunnel has made its first appearance.

No comments: