Friday, June 12, 2009

Strike Day Five


Today the picket line can handle itself. I took my dad to the doctor yesterday for an appointment and they admitted him into the hospital for observation for a couple of days.

He is in bad shape. No way around saying that. They believed they can stabilize his system but the doc just said it was worn out and starting to fail. So this afternoon I'm headed back over there to bring him some things he wants like his cell phone and charger.

I've got an interview later on this morning, a place wants a handful of commercials shot and maybe a delivery driver. I can do those things really well.

Last night one of my friends came over and hung out after I got back into town. He comforted me by saying that he has had a lot of troubles of a similar type to mine in the past week or two. It sucks any of us have to go through what we are going through but during this fire I know I'm going to be stronger when it goes out.

I'm grateful to my family, friends, and especially The Date and The Things, all of whom have been very supportive in ways I couldn't imagine. Thank you.

No comments: