Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cool Friday

If you have been to my house in the past two years you'll have noticed a large blue and white bus in my back yard. It was my dad's bus. The city of Waukomis was hassling him about it so he moved it to my yard.

Well after his passing I decided to have it hauled off for scrap, then I decided against that since I know the engine is good and that the transmission is practically new. It only has like four or five trips on it. So now that it is my problem to deal with I decided to put it on Craigslist and see if maybe by a fluke I could get it sold for something I could put towards a new central heat and air unit or some needed things I've been putting off.

I put it in for two thousand dollars, the transmission alone was over three but in the shape the bus is in I figured two was reasonable. Got one email about it, he lost interest quickly. Got another and this guy was persistent. We emailed a couple of times, he sent me his phone number and I called him. He told me he was familiar with the area and that his parents had lived here at one time.

So he and his friend decided to road trip here from Missouri and look it over. I let The Date know that they will be at the house (shortly after she got backed into it in a parking lot, thankfully it was the other girl's fault and her insurance will pay for it) and to show them the bus.

The Date texts me and asks me if I knew they were from Trick My Truck on CMT, I reply I did not, the man didn't tell me and I can understand why. The Date had a good talk with them as they were here for about three hours. The bus fired right up for them even though it hasn't been started in months. They called me a couple of times since I was at work and asked questions about it. Couldn't get it to move forward or backward though. He told The Date they will go back and do some research on it and come back over with a mechanic.

I know my dad would love for his bus to have a new life instead of hauled off for scrap. I hope they buy it so that it could be remodeled and fixed up and I don't have to have it hauled off. Not even for the money I'm asking for it either, because those guys have the resources to make it a very nice bus again.

After I got home and after The Date got off of work we went to Shakespeare in the Park to see The Tempest, well the last act anyway. The whole gang was there from the next show I'll be involved with, Into The Woods. Hugs all around and then we enjoyed the last act. Good show, better friends!

No comments: