Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Amazing Surprise!

So there I am after a meeting at the Theatre about the lights for the next show. I'm on my way home when I get a text from Skate if he can come over in a bit. I had the garter he caught from the wedding, I found it Saturday morning and told him I'd hold it for him. I was sure that was what he was coming over for and to watch some football.

I was on the phone offering tech support on video codecs and Skate knocks on the door. I let him in and give him hand gestures to relax and have a seat. He and The Date sit and talk while I continue my tech support.

I'm actually thrilled to give this support by the way as the person I'm giving it to always wants to help me fix something or anytime I need something he is right there and will stay until there is nothing left to do. He never asks for anything in return or accepts payment, ever. I keep telling him to please call me when he needs something and he does every once in a while when he has a computer problem.

Ok back to the post, Skate is sitting on the couch when he gets up and says lets go out back. Perplexed The Date and I head to the patio door and I see a fire outside on the patio. I turn on the light and there is a big Sputnik looking fire pit! It is amazing! It is a big hollow ball made of steel screen with a door that raises and you throw wood in there. The screen allows you to see the fire from any angle and also keeps the sparks to a minimum.

Out jumps Mr. Feeny and Teehee from the shadows! I finish up my tech support and we all sit down to watch the fire grow:) We have a great talk for nearly three hours! Witchy came over to bring Thing 2 back home after babysitting most of the evening and she loved it too!

Skate explains the intricacies of the plan and how it arrived on the day of the wedding and they couldn't do anything about it until today. He was a distraction while Teehee and Mr. Feeny placed it on the patio and got it going, it was a great story!

The Date and I have the best family ever:) I look forward to growing old with all of them and having many decades of fun and frivolity with each of them!

No comments: