Friday, November 20, 2009

I Love Three Day Weekends!

Yep I'm off this Friday and next. One of the benefits of my job and one of the benefits of working there over seventeen years. I have utilities to pay today, went shopping for two Thanksgiving dinners last night, headed to my dad's place today to see if his smoker is still there or if it has been stolen.

It was barely used and brand new before he passed and I know he'd be proud if it were used for Thanksgiving smoking! I'm really looking forward to smoking a turkey and a ham this year. The turkey for my blood family, the ham for my friend family who is meeting at Beersnob's later in the day.

Turns out I'm heads up with Skate today in my keeper league and Ricky Williams actually scored! Amazing...it really is. My season ended a few weeks ago but its a building project. I've got a decent chance at winning this week. It would likely end Skate's season which would be regrettable but its the game we play.

Watched The League last night, this show keeps getting better and better! The show really focuses on the lives of the owners with references of the league thrown in as a supplement. I can see some parallels between the fictional league and the keeper league. Mainly in the friendships and the smack talk, everything else is really overblown and embellished for comedic effect.

No comments: