Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti Relief

Haiti has been destroyed by an earthquake in case you have been living under a rock the past twenty four hours. Haiti is a different kind of country, it is beyond third world. Perpetually poor, perpetually destitute. America's worst poverty problems would seem grand by comparison.

America has swung into action as swiftly as possible. This is not a partisan issue, real people are suffering in horrible conditions right this very second. Conservatives, liberals, everyone. One thing everyone can agree on is that Haiti needs help.

If you can, I'd encourage you to donate a few dollars to the relief efforts. Personally I donated to the Red Cross, you can text the word Haiti to 90-999, it'll cost you $10.00 that will be charged to your cell phone bill.

I'll even make you a deal, if you send me a Facebook message or a text, I'll donate another $10 for you. You know if you know me or not and how to reach me. You contact me and I'll send another $10 text for you.

Sound fair?

No comments: