Friday, January 01, 2010

Promises Of A New Year

This morning is bright, shiny, cold but nice. As the new year and I get acquainted I'd just like to say that I'm looking forward to all of the opportunities and promises that come with a clean slate!

Not that it's completely a clean slate as there are always things that carry over but all in all it's just like hitting a reset button and trying to do better this time because you know a little bit more and are a bit wiser because of the past experience.

My simple pledge this year is to try to be a better person than I was last year. Nothing outrageous, nothing too small, I just want to do the right thing when the situation arises.

I pledge to do right by my friends, all of them even in the most difficult of situations. Even if there is a fine balancing act to perform.

I pledge to be a better man.

No comments: