Saturday, January 23, 2010

Legion: Movie Of Cliches

First off the past two days were insane at work. Super busy!

Then I went to the film fest meeting. I've never been so encouraged by the amount of progress we have made! This will be an amazing production if we get all of the pieces into place!

Then I went to the theatre to catch up with Witchy and see if she had some marketing ideas. We went over to Trey of Hearts and caught a fast drink before Filmmaker Friend Chris and I went to see Legion.

Legion is quite the cliche. They had nearly every single cliche in a movie that is possible. From the black guy with a gun, to the foreshadowing of the diner blowing up, to the uberweapon that does all of the unexpected things and just looks cool. Yeah, all of it and a story that doesn't hold up to logic on top of that.

Chris didn't think it was good or bad. I thought it was bad and predictable. You be the judge but I'd strongly believe you'll forget seeing it soon after you have seen it.

No comments: