Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teen Show Situation

So there we were, I had brought Thing 2 up to the theatre to help Witch and to do things back stage with her. She loves the theatre and learning about it. I went to go have a business meeting with Beersnob about some really cool news with out commercial business.

After the meeting I went back by the theatre and helped Witch when I could and decided to sit next to T, the Director of the show. It was clear the lead actor (a dead ringer for Jim J. Bullock) wasn't listening to T. She would stop him, give him instructions, and he would go on doing what he was doing anyway. He would constantly break character and his lack of line knowledge was hurting the other actors.

T called all of the actors up front to end the rehearsal and to give them their notes. The lead actor was on his phone checking for texts, goofing off, and not paying attention to what he was being told. Now if I were an actor and I was as bad as he was, I'd beg for notes. I'd want to know how to get better because I'd like to think I was self conscious enough to know I sucked.

He is on his phone, again not paying attention to what he is being told. If my death stare had a voice it would have sounded like it did last night, I said, "HEY! Your Director is giving you notes! Put the phone down and pay attention to her!" It startled Thing 2 who was sitting close by:) Amazingly all of the kids got quiet and the notes went on in silence with full attention being on T:)

I believe I'll be back at the theatre tonight and sit next to T again:) She might need me to jerk someone's leash.

No comments: