Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not Quite A Lazy Sunday

I've got to get up and around quickly. We have breakfast plans at ten this morning to send off Mr. Feeny. I listened to his last play by play yesterday on the radio. I swear he is really really good at it and I wish he could jump back into calling sports faster than he thinks he can.

Over the past year Mr. Feeny has become a really good friend. I first met him when we did Broadway Bound. He had recorded the sound effects for the show. The first stage call he helped me put together part of the set. I didn't know his name then but I learned it and I learned about him. He is one of the genuine good guys out in this world.

He got a better job opportunity and has accepted it, tonight will be his last night in town and tomorrow I'm going to help him move a couple of heavy things. It has been a pleasure knowing Mr. Feeny in person and by the miracle of the internet and Facebook we will be connected all the time.

I love how the internet has made the world smaller when it comes to keeping in touch with people. Twenty years ago finding someone took a private detective and some luck, now if you can't find them on Facebook they are likely a search engine away for some scrap of information that'll lead you to where you want to go.

Mr. Feeny, I wish you nothing but the best. I thank you for being such a good and cool friend. When you, Teehee, and Skate set up the Ball O' Fire on the patio, well that's one of my best memories!!!! Thank you for your part in that memory Mr. Feeny!

No comments: