Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Great Dress Rehearsal

It really was great! Catina was working hard to tweak the play just a bit more for final rehearsal tonight.

It was very cold though. It is about 9 right now as I type this but the good news is that my vehicle started this morning after replacing both batteries. I believe that the other two batteries were just about shot so it was also probably time.

Now that after I bring it into the shop this morning and have the glow plug module replaced and get the coolant leak fixed it should be good to go for a long time!!!! That is the good thing about having a diesel, they run forever and are very tough.

I watched Over The Hedge yesterday which was the next up in my Netflix queue. I received that one and The Science of Sleep which I'll probably be able to watch today while stranded without a vehicle at home.

Anyway Over The Hedge was pretty....no really entertaining!!!! I had a good time from the start to the ending credits. It had the typical message about being a good friend and being a good family, you have seen that plot device in nearly every animated movie that has ever come out but you know, it doesn't get old. If you can't help those around you or enrich their lives in some way then why do you exist anyway? I mean really what purpose do you serve? I am not always successful but I offer to help someone do something as often as possible.

Sometimes I probably make a pest of myself trying to be helpful. But that also means and I hope my friends know this, that if they are ever stranded out in the middle of no where that they can call me at 3 A.M. and I'd be on my way. If making a pest of myself imprints that kind of idea on my friends then it is worth it.

No comments: