Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscar Night

This is jut an observation post, no real point, just typing and watching so just follow along;)

Well there is one certainty for this award evening and that is that Algore is going to win AND be on stage for An Inconvenient Truth even though he shouldn't be since he isn't listed as the producer of the movie.

As I write this Leonardo DiCaprio is trying to cajole Algore into running for another failed presidential bid. A bit of self parody. They were on stage to talk about the Oscars going green, admirable however how many private jets were employed to bring together this kind of star power? How many thousands of megawatts are being used to produce this show? Look I don't blame them for being conscious of the environment just don't be hypocritical about it.

So far though I've seen the dark horse movie Pan's Labyrinth win two statues for art direction and set design I believe. I should really check that before I write it but eh, plenty of people will get it right so I don't feel any pressure about it. Alan Arkin has won for best supporting actor and Ellen has been pretty funny! This show has been surprisingly unpolitical so far! That is refreshing!

As I've written before the awards show that I enjoy is the Independent Spirit Awards! That is the show for the underdogs! The little guy! There are many movies featured during that show that most people won't see because of lack of promotion. Even though I'd love to say that they do it for the love of the art I am not that naive. I'm sure they want to make a living at it just as much as I do. I mean it isn't like I go to my job now for the love of the job or my health and neither do they.

Tom Cruise has just walked on stage to luke warm scattered applause. Not surprising since he lost his mind.

Well it is Sunday night, I've finished my laundry, I'm winding down now, and might just turn in soon.

I've been hoping for some Super Bowl quality commercials but alas no such luck. Where are the funny Bud Light commercials? What there are no actors who drink Bud Light?
....Sigh....

No comments: