Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hellboy: The Cheap Animation Chronicles

Yes my friends I am fed up with substandard animation features.
My latest Netflix DVD was Hellboy: Sword of Storms, while being a good story with a character I enjoy the animation was distracting in its cheapness.

It was like the Cartoon Network type of animation but just a little better. Along the lines of Teen Titans with a bit more budget which was probably used on the voice talent.

I believe that the days of quality animation are long gone. Realistic looking characters have gone the way of cartoonish anime looking characters. Which isn't always bad but sometimes you would like something that had a different influence.

Yes I know that this was based on a comic with characters that are unrealistic to begin with. I just would like future animated movies to bump up their quality a bit more.

Glad that I Netflixed this movie instead of purchasing it.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE cartoons! Been a fan my whole life, back when Saturday mornings meant something! I remember watching Return to the Planet of the Apes, the animated show from 1975! Yeah I remember that as I have a good memory for stuff like that.

A few years back when I was playing Everquest a lot I would have the Cartoon Network on while I was playing. Friday nights were great! They had some great shows on then. Dexter, Johnny Bravo, IM Weasel, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Cow and Chicken, yeah some really good shows. Now....eh....I can take them or leave them. They don't stack up, the quality has gone down while the good stuff has been shifted to Adult Swim.

I have some good news though! I got pulled over yesterday for a burned out brake light. I wasn't wearing my seatbelt either which I just don't like anyway but was also a violation. So I figure I'm up for at least fifty to a hundred bucks in fines, no big deal at all but I like to spend my money on other things.

He gives me back my license and insurance AND a warning!!!!
Hooray!!!!
My mood gets better every day!!!!

No comments: