Friday, February 16, 2007

Wow!!!!

Ok so I get my vehicle back yesterday right?

Well the mechanic comes to pick me up and lets me drive back to the shop. I drive to the bank to get him some cash to pay him. Well the bank parking lot was VERY slick. I get ready to turn into the ATM lane when I go into a skid, sliding out of control. I wasn't going fast but fast enough to not be able to stop the skid or turn out of it.

Well we hit the curb HARD and the mechanic looks at me and says, "I think we blew out the tire" I agreed so we get out to look at the damage. To our amazement there was no damage at all. The tire was intact and the wheel was undamaged. I've curbed vehicles before and blown out tires with much less force and this was a very hard hit, we were going a bit downhill and it was a hard skid.

Wow!!!! That was so great too, it would have been a huge pain to have to change the tire in the middle of the parking lot especially since it was single digits out.

Anyway things are great! I took today off since I had the past two days off and I have a three day weekend coming up so this is a great side benefit of my job which I frequently complain about. I get lots of time off while still getting paid.

So I'm warm at home, today is payday, drinking some Starbuck's coffee, and I'm no longer stranded without a vehicle. It works perfectly!!!! The glow plugs work now so it starts every time, especially with the new batteries! It was VERY cold last night after the final dress rehearsal and it fired up very fast after setting there for nearly three hours without being plugged in.

I'm HAPPY!!!! Life is good!!!!

No comments: