Thursday, October 06, 2011

Endurance

I can tell that working two jobs has earned me some endurance. I was dragging a for a few days after I started working at Walmart now I can make eleven o'clock with no problem.

My coworkers have had a tough time adjusting to twelve hour shifts but I've done pretty well getting through the day. It's not easy but by the time it's over I've still got a little left in the tank.

Another two weeks of this and I'd be fine for all twelve hours but as I said yesterday I'd probably have to start working a earlier shift so I could get my hours in and make it to Walmart. They probably won't take me off of the schedule again like they did this week. Well I do work there right after work tomorrow but I get off earlier too.

The overtime count so far is twelve hours. That's the exact same money wise as twelve five hour shifts at Walmart that I've been working. So three days overtime is the same as a little over two weeks at Walmart.

Strange how that works but that's it, almost down to the dollar in fact. I'm serious about this financial change taking place, for the first time I've got more than just me to consider and it's important to get these ducks all rowed up and standing at attention. A few months of this is worth the rewards later!

Eye on the prize!



No comments: