Friday, October 21, 2011

Feeling Better

After three weeks of a hacking cough, enough congestion to put an elephant down, and numerous aches and pains I decided to take off of work on Wednesday and headed to the doctor. I have a respiratory infection and while it wasn't pneumonia it didn't feel good either.

I got two prescriptions and headed home to get better. I called in to work yesterday and today but I'll have to go to Walmart tonight from five to nine thirty. My cough is still there and is still a hacking cough but it is lessening some. The worst thing about this is that I wanted to build my leave up, I had just passed the ninety hour mark and now with me taking off two and over a half days it'll be back down to the high seventy hour mark.

I'll rebuild it though. It won't take too long to do again. It's ok though because I do need to get better or I won't be able to handle my schedule again. I probably should have gone to the doctor before the other day, I mean three weeks with a bad cough is probably too long but I just didn't take the time to take care of myself. If I had then it probably could have been caught before it got as bad as it did and wouldn't have had to taken off from work to get better.

I'm blessed that I do have a job where they are very understanding about leave and it's very easy to take off with no problems at all. Just a phone call and you are good, it's not like I abuse my leave. I show up and for 99% of the time I take off from work with permission, usually half days or put my leave in well in advance so it can be approved.

For a job as good as mine is to me I can do that for them. They deserve that in the least. Walmart on the other hand is a bit of a different animal. You don't start earning leave until after a year of service. I can see that because of the turnover rate they have but perhaps if they altered that policy then maybe they would retain more people. Take care of your people and the good ones will take care of you and do more than make up for the screwups that game the system.

I am feeling like I have more energy now this morning while the past two days I've felt drug out and trampled on. That's probably an effect of breathing better now and feeling like I have a clear head. I should be back to normal by Monday and I'll definitely be back to work then. Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts:) It's helped a lot:)

No comments: