Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New PC Blues

After work I headed out to Walmart to see if they needed me. There was a big inspection manager coming and they wanted extra help so they asked if I would show up. Actually to start they wanted me to come in at five AM, chuckling I said no.

I arrived there and talked with my manager and she said head on home, so thankfully I got to do just that! I arrived home and spent a little bit of time with the family before tech rehearsal at the theatre. Just before they left the UPS truck showed up with the new PC kit I ordered last week! I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow.

Now I had a fun project for the evening! I called my friend Mandingo to come over and help. He does this stuff daily, it's his job at work.

So I started in with unpacking and getting things put together. It went very well. The instructions were clear, I had Mandingo double check my work, we plugged it in and got a two motherboard error lights. After moving the RAM we got it down to one error light.

Not sure why it's on. The CPU is seated well, went in like a dream and the fan heat sink right on top of it. There shouldn't be any errors at all. So we started looking at error codes online.

Similar problems were posted but they all had to do with bent CPU pins. Well we didn't have any. It fit snug into its socket and locked down like it should have.

By that time Mandingo had to head home. So the new PC is still a work in progress this morning. I'll be reading message boards on my iPhone and seeing what I can come up with. I know Mandingo will be doing the same.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: