Saturday, October 15, 2011

Super Friday

I got to work and had nothing to give. I really didn't have much at all to offer so I thought it best to remove myself from work and head back home. Three days of sixteen and a half hours is rough. It came down to simple math, I worked forty nine and a half hours out of seventy two possible hours. That leaves a scant twenty two hours off to sleep, eat, and recharge.

I know I'm not twenty anymore and now heavy work loads take everything I've got over an extended time. Fortunately my company has a very good leave policy and they are always willing to work with someone over any situation. It's looked upon as what you've earned and ninety nine percent of the time you get the time off you ask for without question.

That's darn hard to beat. So I worked three hours and came back home and crashed on the couch for a bit. My head was stopped up, coughing nonstop, and I Nyquiled up and stopped coughing.

Last night we went to movie night, a new trend my circle of friends is starting. Hosting a movie night and showing a movie that you feel needs to be seen or appreciated and you want to share it with your friends. It's really a great idea and I'm going to enjoy going provided I'm not working that night.

I work today but now I've got some fresh batteries in my system. It's a standard shift for me which equates to roughly four and a half hours. Not hard by any way, shape, or form. I'll be back home before I know it and getting ready for a similar shift Sunday. As long as I get a bit of rest now and then I'm more than up to the task. It was only getting to me last week as we worked overtime at work and tacking on another shift after I left work. However as I've blogged about, the money was way too stellar to not work it and I knew Walmart wouldn't work with me on the schedule anymore. So to keep both jobs and make the money I did what I had to do. Glad I did it now, very glad next Friday, but it was hard when it happened.

Hopefully the overtime train isn't done yet though, it's possible to run into more this coming week and possibly the next two months. For the debt snowball, and the holiday season it'll be very good to us if this continues.

Now I've got to get some food and get ready for work soon.

Eye on the prize!

No comments: