Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yeah, Sixteen More Please

By the time they put me in the ground in another forty years or so I might be the laziest person anyone would have known for the last couple of decades of my life. But I'll have earned it and those of you who know me will know I earned it.

Kindly let those who don't know me know the real story if they should ever ask you:) You can tell them that even before you knew me that I had worked over a hundred hours a week when I worked at the local airport and once went a hundred and thirty one days during the summer without a day off. You can tell them that when I had a single job I still dedicated free time to those things I considered a challenge such as the theatre and making it a better place for both the patrons and volunteers.

You can tell them that during his prime he would have laughed at a long day and come back for more. That he did what he did for his family and his friends when I'm old enough to wake up and watch The Flintstones, or any other cartoon all day and little else.

You can say you knew me when...and it'd likely be true. You do that for me if the subject ever comes up and I'll return the favor for you if someone should speak ill of you after you've earned the same rights. And I know you will:)

Now after four and three quarters of an hour of sleep I'm going to put in my second sixteen and a half hour day of work. One more after this to go!

There are rumblings at work that our twelve hour days are just beginning due to two coworkers out on medical leave until after the first of the year. Maybe I'll have a few more of these weeks in store for me!

Bring it!

Eye on the prize!




No comments: