Sunday, October 02, 2011

Still Employed

Yesterday was a super busy day at Walmart. Not only was it the day I was supposed to talk to my immediate supervisor and get a decision on next week's schedule change but it was also a Saturday and food stamp day. Those three factors combined in a very rushed and frantic shift.

First off I talked to my manager and she said she hated to let me off as I was closing but she did take me off of the schedule. So that's all good. I'm still a Walmart employee. I told her that I wanted to be seen as reliable and if she needed me to be there to call me and I'd come in after I clocked out and work the last two hours of the shift from nine to eleven. She didn't think it would come to that but said she would call if she needed me there.

Second off Saturday is a very busy day for Walmart. Everyone does their shopping at the same time. What happens when you combine a Saturday with the state's first of three food stamp days is nothing short of frantically paced stocking and refilling! It's almost a video game in real life. You grab a cart, grab what needs to go out, rush it out and stock it then head back in where something else has to go out right after! It's all day and it's hectic.

By the end of the day your back hurts, your legs ache, and you want to chill. And chill I did! I brought home some pizza materials and made The Date and I a Boboli pizza. After that I texted Abostang and told him I was probably going to start my day off, my first day off since late August, with a slight hangover.

He texted me back and said that he was at a local club with another friend that I've had for over twenty years just hanging out. So The Date said she would drive me up there and pick me up when I wanted to come back home! She even gave me a few dollars for the evening:) How cool is that for a wife to do!?!?

Today is very sweet so far! I feel great, no hangover. I was a little buzzed but not falling down drunk. Not even really staggering around drunk, I could walk fine. Nice morning out, I had coffee and an apple for breakfast and now I'm getting ready to watch some football and get my laundry going. Next week is going to be a huge boon for the debt snowball. Sixteen hours of overtime will be a great boost to what gets paid off next and is one step closer to being debt free!

Eye on the prize!

No comments: