Monday, October 24, 2011

Going To Work

I just took my last steroid pill. I'm having coffee to wash it down and I'm better, much better. Who was the first person to find a coffee bean? What would possess them to take it, roast it, grind it up, run water through it and drink it?

Who was the first person to take bacon and eggs and say, "You know? Maybe coffee would go good with breakfast."

Some daring culinary pioneer no doubt. Someone who perhaps thought that if you found a plant, dug underneath it and found an ugly looking root like thing you could cut it up, fry it, and serve it with ketchup.

I owe that guy though, I don't think I have a better comfort food than fried potatoes. Well to me that is. It's simple, filling, and tastes good.

To those daring pioneers who took that first bite or first drink, I salute you this morning!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: